What The Bleep ...

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
zoofence
Site Admin

What The Bleep ...

Post by zoofence »

Yesterday, we watched and enjoyed the movie What The Bleep Do We Know. This is an interesting and challenging documentary about quantum physics and mysticism presented in the form of narratives delivered by a variety of scientists, professors, and authors, overlaying a story about a professional photographer (played by Marlee Matlin) who is struggling with her perception of herself and her life. The movie was apparently a project of JZ Knight's Ramtha organization. (Ramtha is said to be a 35,000 year-old sage from Atlantis that speaks through JZ Knight. For an academic consideration of the Ramtha phenomenon, please click here.) If you are a serious seeker, you have probably already come across -- (on the inner and the outer) -- many of the ideas presented in this movie, and therefore much of its content will not be new to you. All the same, a lot of the material is presented with refreshing clarity. And if you have not already encountered the wonders of quantum physics, this film offers an excellent introduction (as does Gary Zukav's book, Dancing Wu Li Masters). Either way, it's an evening well spent.
mjoel53

Post by mjoel53 »

Along a similar vein, there is a wonderful animated film called "Waking Life" that takes you on a verbose exploration of philosophies of waking/dreaming. If I am remembering correctly, the makers actually filmed everything and then drew over it.

Waking Life is several years older than What the Bleep. I've seen it in the video stores and recently caught it on cable.

Definately a film for the intellect.
--Michael
zoofence
Site Admin

Post by zoofence »

mjoel, thanks for suggesting "Waking Life". I will look for it.

Speaking of videos, many years ago (twenty, perhaps twenty-five) we saw a multipart PBS television program called something like "The Long Search". I think it was a BBC product. Anyway, it was an exploration of all the world's religions. Very nicely done.
iamDiane

Post by iamDiane »

Greetings All,
I also have seen "What The Bleep" Do we know, here in Australia several times. As have many others of like minded people. I throughly enjoyed it & felt clarity in regard to the Divine / Presence is All Things, seen & unseen.
namaste
iamdiane
The Greatest Gift One has the innate ability to Discover For Oneself~ Is to Know Who One IS!