What can I say?

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
anna

What can I say?

Post by anna »

"When the movement in the direction of becoming something other than what you are isn't there any more, you are not in conflict with yourself."

A little tidbit from U.G. Krishnamurti :uhh:
anna

Post by anna »

Here's an interesting factoid:

I just visited U.G.'s site, where his "followers" put up videos, books, etc., by U.G. Several years ago, there was just a site, with just his stuff - but now, they begin to wax eloquent, mythologize, glamorize----ah my, how little time it takes for the followers to create a monument. I wonder if he is still living. <Sigh.......> :frog:
Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

"When the movement in the direction of becoming something other than what you are isn't there any more, you are not in conflict with yourself."

Thanks for the quote from U.G., Anna. It has beens speaking to me as I realize that we can't force enlightment. If we don't force anything, we aren't in conflict with ourselves or others. Alas, how difficult not to force!! But when I don't, force life to happen as I think it should, it's bliss and I'm in groove with the Universe whether life is boring or sweet.

I find U.G. hard to read because he repeats how he has nothing to say and we can do nothing. Although I realized that this is true, other enlightened people do say "something" to me. What they say may be repetitive, but their words, stories, and antidotes speak to me.

Blessings, Bhakti