Wow!!

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
That I am

Wow!!

Post by That I am »

Consciousness and life - both you may call God; but you are beyond both, beyond God, beyond being and not- being.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
zoofence
Site Admin

Post by zoofence »

This evening, watching a movie on television (the 1952 version of Daphne du Maurier’s classic “My Cousin Rachel”), I noticed the disclaimer that preceded the broadcast, about the movie’s having been “edited to fit the television screen” and so on.

Following that thought, and considering That I Am's great quotation by Nisargadatta, I wonder if perhaps the life of each of us bears a disclaimer that reads something like ...

The Infinite and Eternal Universe has been edited to fit the egoic body/mind perspective, and to run in the time and space allotted.

:uhh:
zoofence
Site Admin

Post by zoofence »

Here's another wonderful line from Nisargadatta sent to us by mjoel53:

All paths lead to unreality.

Too cool!

He found it at Shining Through the Mind, a nice website out of Australia.

Speaking of quotations, a couple of days ago I came across this great line, attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt --

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Think about that.

Or this, from Woody Allen --

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
iamDiane

Post by iamDiane »

Oh yes, I can relate to the quote of Elanor Roosevelt, So True, One teachs people how to treat one, & then wonders why one is still but a student! How often does one behave as a pseudo adult, disguised in suits of many colours, that tend to disguise or clothe our conditioning, our payoff's, our roles, our insecurities! One teaches what one has learned to become or learnt to believe that one is! & wonders why no-one or very few truly knows who they authentically are?
We teach people how we think we should be treated, determined by either what we think of our selves or perhaps know of the Self!

[quote]More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly!
emm, dont know about that one Woody! who is one praying to, anyway! and what is correct or incorrect?

[b All that Is [/b],> all encompassing, Infinite, Abundant & Eternal ?

Is not extinction & Survival one & the same, no seperatness, depending how one perceives it!

All is unfolding naturally through divine plan! No beginning, No End!

In perceived physical reality > With extinction "SUPPOSEDLY" meaning death or extermination, dissappearence, destruction or loss > which however would also encompass it's opposite > Survial (antonym)
as all co-exist > sounds like this could mean a so called flip side if there was such a thing in the non duality of One., or just maybe, it could be perceived as a potential awakening from the mass dream of ignorance & the natural birth of the sleeping prophet actually come's into total consciousness rather than unconscious doing?[/list] Also, how could what never was be extinct?
The Greatest Gift One has the innate ability to Discover For Oneself~ Is to Know Who One IS!
zoofence
Site Admin

Post by zoofence »

iamdiane, I hope it was clear that when I posted the Woody Allen line, it was meant in humor, as of course he delivered it. There's another line of his (quoted on TZF's Gazebo page) that I like: "It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".

That's got a nice metaphysical twist: The Teachers urge us to remain alert at death -- to "be there"; on the other hand, which "I" is it in Woody's comment?

Of course, the thing with humor is take the laugh, but not to analyze it!

Regarding the code that didn't work in your post: In order to get your text to appear bold, you need to put a closing (left-facing) square bracket immediately after the first b. And the quote didn't work because you didn't close it.

The easiest way to add bold texts or italics or a quotation is to click on b or i or quote near the top of the text-entry box when you are ready to type the text you want so affected. That will place the approporiate initial code snippet at the beginning of the text you want governed by it. Also, that will change the b or i or quote button to b* or i* or quote*. When you are done typing the text you want altered, click on the b* or i* or quote*, and the closing code snippet will be inserted.

BBCode, which is used in the text-entry box, is not the same as html coding. It is similar but not identical.
iamDiane

Post by iamDiane »

Greetings :)
“Thankyou” Yes, I was & am aware of the “humour” of “Woody’s” statement and much thanks, for the information explaining the postings, I will undoubtedly continue to discover the process as I practise with future postings!

namaste
diane