What is Love?

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
anna

What is Love?

Post by anna »

On this auspicious day of Easter, and the rising of spring, and life, and all the rest of it, the question posed by a friend the other night, "what is love?" rose this morning in my mind, and I thought I'd write out my response.

There are two kinds of love: one is human love, which requires a quid pro quo - what can you give me? And what can I give you in return? Without the exchange, and the continuous adjustment of that exchange, human love will either wane or wax, depending upon the activity of exchange.

But true love, the love that all the spiritual books are about, is simply, I think, about acceptance. Not tolerance - that implies an individual who has judged something to be unacceptable, but who will, out of the goodness of her heart, tolerate it, allow it, but with reservation. True love, the kind of love that we attribute to God and his messengers and incarnations, is simply and only about complete acceptance. If one follows that concept, acceptance, and how it FEELS, what it requires - a kind of letting go, a total surrender - and how it activates the heart, the experience of true love occurs instantly and simultaneously.
iamDiane

Post by iamDiane »

Anna,
At this time, I feel that "Love" is Unconditional Acceptance, The Authentic Nature of Pure Consciousness, Encompassing All things Seen & Unseen!
In response to your posting on "Love", I would like to share something I wrote after a meditation if that is acceptable for posting!

One Connection
To Wholeness
Awakening! Remembering!
Sets All free to consciously manifest The True Nature
Of All things!
Interconnected Being of Unconditional Loving Oneness.
“Oneness” manifested through the channel of physical form expressing the true nature of all things on the earth plane.
Life As A Human Being, Is but a process of awakening experiences that inevitably highlight the Real source of A Human Forms Authentic Nature.
Life as it is known is but a process of awakening to what we always have been & eternally will be.
Loving Sparks of Divine Consciousness interconnected with all that is & all that is perceived as not.
Sparks that reflect the essence of the One Self.
The I Am Presence.
Consciousness!
Perceived through time & conditioning as Individual Manifestations of differing tangible physical forms.
Male ~ Female ~ Emptiness ~ Fullness ~ Light & Dark ~ Positive ~ Negative ~ Both the Observer & the Observed ~ The Product & Producer ~ The Puppet & Puppeteer.
All co-exists as One.
No Me ~ No We ~ No Us ~ No them ~ No Separate-Ness.
Only the innate essence of “Supreme Oneness”
All Encompassing Consciousness
All Knowing ~ All Love.
A Pure Essence of Being.
A Universal Presence Interconnecting & Encompassing the Totality of Perceived Form & Formless Expressions.
Reflecting ~ Expressing ~ Experiencing ~ Awakening ~
To One Source.
Divine Self ~ Godhead, Buddha, Father Mother God, giving birth to All that is, having no beginning and no end.
An infinitely expanding ever ~ present source existent within the ever present moment. A divine will unifying all life and nourishing creation through a beneficial power of eternal & infinitely expanding Love.

Namaste
Diane.
The Greatest Gift One has the innate ability to Discover For Oneself~ Is to Know Who One IS!