Is There A God?

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
zoofence
Site Admin

Is There A God?

Post by zoofence »

I have posted at TZF’s Ampers&nd a very nice essay called to our attention by Open Forum’s own ihavesayso. The writer, a professor at the University of California, is a libertarian, which, briefly stated, is a doctrine or belief system based upon free will and individual freedom – personal, political, economic, and spiritual (?), and his essay is written with that lens. The subject is “Is There A God?”. It is a long essay, but well worth the effort.
Ihavesayso

Post by Ihavesayso »

I've just returned from "&," where I re-read Professor Cox's essay, after first reading your introductory history of how it came to be there. First, thank-you very much, Stefan, for taking the time for making the necessary effort(s) to do so. Second, thanks too, for posting the link to Professor Yeager's article, which served as Professor Cox's inspiration to pen his now, Zoo Fence posted, response.

You know, from our exchange of e-mails, that I felt it was important enough to my understanding, to learn why Professor Cox felt so moved, that I contacted the webmaster of the site where I discovered his essay, to find out if he (the webmaster) knew where I could go to read Professor Yeager's causation piece. Upon his affirmative answer, and after visiting his referenced source and reading Professor Yeager's composition, I forwarded that information to you.

Until reading your introduction, I did not know if you had done as I had, regarding Yeager, as you sent no further e-mails to me about the subject; so I was gratified to find out that you too, felt Professor Cox's response became more meaningful, upon reading Professor Yeager's ideas first.

Third, thanks also, for the cleaver concealment of possibly distracting blue, underlined, links, with the prompt changing of actual ones to the color red, when one's cursor lights upon them. Neat!

Oh, please also note, Stefan, that nowhere above did I say that, "I wanted to thank you...," I simply did so. Gad, how it irks me when people say they want to do something, instead of just doing it!
If God is not your ventriloquist, you're just another "dummy!" - ihavesayso
jenjulian

Post by jenjulian »

I have also read all of this article. I think I need to read again, because I didn't come away with a clear understanding, too much is still mushing around in my head.
Oh, please also note, Stefan, that nowhere above did I say that, "I wanted to thank you...," I simply did so. Gad, how it irks me when people say they want to do something, instead of just doing it!

I'm with you on this one and become frustrated with myself when I repeat such silly 'sayings' because I'm just spurting out recorded words, not talking from my heart. Maybe 'I want to thank you' comes from the often said 'I would like to take this time to thank you,... and is shortened into somehting that doesn't make a lick of sense! Oh, how refreshing it is to read and talk to those who are coming from realness and not autopilot. Of course, this is the greatness of The Zoo Fence and it's members!